Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine therapy that uses moxa made from dried mugwort. It is a form of fire heat treatment that stimulates specific acupuncture points of the body.
It is provide effective support for:
- Chronic pain, muscular /tissue tensions, injuries and blockage
- Immune system disorders and breakdown, or autoimmune disorder
- Chronic/ acute gastroenteritis, peptic ulcer, diarrhea, indigestion
- Correction of breech presentation, fertility boost
- Menstrual cramps, disorders, chronic pelvic inflammationand many more
In Indirect Moxibustion, a practitioner lights one end of a moxa stick (roughly the shape and size of a cigar) and holds it an inch or two away from the skin. The moxa warms regions and specific acupuncture points (meridian points); brings mild warmth to the area without burning, until the skin becomes slightly red. The intensity of the heat is adjusted according to the patient’s condition and comfort.
The benefits of Moxiustion includes:
- Helps to increase blood circulation and energy levels
- Activate immune functions and increase the red and white blood cell count
- Heal wounded tissue and the revive of organs which have lost their capacity to function optimally.
- Lower blood pressure, reduce blood viscosity, and dialate various vessels
- Detox the body
Note: By carefully considering the type of moxibustion, and where and how to apply it, the treatment can be used safely and effectively for almost all patients. However, it should be noted that moxa, especially direct moxa, is generally not recommended for patients with diabetes, decreased sensitivity to pain, who are on certain medications such as prednisone, or who have any other conditions involving compromised circulation or a weakened immune system.
Disclaimer & Important Information
We can't guranteed the treatment result, as the symptoms of conditions are un predictable and vary greatly from person to person. The treeatment length and recovery time also varies for individual. GinSen's acupuncturist will discuss your care before carrying out the treatment, and the treatment will be designed to meet your individual needs.