The lymphatic system is the body's front line of defense for fighting infection, detoxifying, transporting waste, excess fluid, bacteria and toxins out of the body. A well functioning lymphatic system is crucial for good health. If the lymphatic system is blocked, fatigue, susceptibility to coughs and colds, fluid retention and ill health can result.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage can be both preventative and remedial.
It uses very light pressure combined with soft pumping movements. This stimulates the lymphatic system and aids the body's immune system. Deeply relaxing, it:
- Promotes the healing of fractures and sprains, and aids pain relief
- Helps relieve fatigue
- Strengthens the immune system and detoxes the body
- Reduces swelling of the legs and ankles during pregnancy
- Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphedema (swelling after cancer treatment or surgery which damages or removes the lymph nodes.)
Lymphatic Drainage Massage benefits
- Clearing areas of congestion such as swollen ankles, puffy eyes and swollen legs
- Promotion of scar tissue healing, torn ligaments and sprains.
- Post-operative healing
- Swelling relief following plastic surgery